Can I turn my walk-in closet into an office?
A walk-in closet that is flexible, not just for storage, but as a space to walk around in and utilize as a home office is a perfect alternative! With good design, cabinet doors, floor-to-ceiling shelving, and accessories, you can consolidate your wardrobe into dedicated closet spaces and make room for a desk and chair.
How do you turn a closet into an office?
How to Turn a Closet Into an Office (a Cloffice!)
- Create Faux Sconces.
- Go Doorless to Show Off Your Space.
- Use a Custom Closet Setup.
- Get a Bold (and Comfy) Chair.
- Dress It Up with Wallpaper.
- Squeeze in All the Shelves You Can.
- Mount Your Monitor(s)
- Create a Built-In Desk (If You’re Handy)
What is a closet office?
The closet office (or “cloffice,” as it’s commonly called), can take a couple of forms. In other instances, we see walk-in closets that serve as multipurpose spaces in which to display clothing and accessories and incorporate a desk setup.
How do you make a walk-in closet into a room?
10 Closet remodel ideas to turn an ordinary closet into a dressing room.
- Add a closet vanity.
- Incorporate an island or built-in closet dresser.
- Mirror, mirror on the wall…
- Cover your hanging areas and/or shelving.
- Emphasize your shoe storage.
- Don’t forget the seating.
What can I turn a closet into?
For small families that don’t have enough room for a nursery, a closet can transform into a crib nook perfect for your little one….Scroll down to see some of our favorite ideas.
- Tiny Office.
- Compact Bar.
- Vanity Station.
- Small Nursery.
- Laundry Room.
- Reading Nook.
- Sewing Space Or Mini Craft Room.
- Entryway Nook.
What is a Cloffice?
The term cloffice specifically refers to a closet that has been repurposed as a home office, but it can also be used to describe any small space – cupboard, cloakroom or corner – that has been transformed into an at-home study.
How do you turn a closet into a bedroom?
Tips for Turning a Closet into a Bedroom
- Choose a light colored paint. Light colors reflect and make the space seem airy.
- Think vertically.
- Consider built-in options for furniture.
- Utilize hidden storage.
- Let there be light.
- Add décor that does double duty.
- Ditch the door.
- It’s all the (fun) details.
How can I hide my home office?
Hidden desk ideas – 10 clever, creative home office desks
- Hide a desk behind a sofa.
- Build a hidden desk into little used floor space.
- Hide a desk under the stairs.
- Use a bedroom alcove for a hidden desk.
- Turn a showpiece antique into a hidden desk.
- Divide an open plan space with doors.
- Hide a desk inside fitted wardrobes.
What is a floating desk?
There is a unique type of furniture that you can purchase for your home that is called a floating desk. It does not actually float, as the name would indicate, but is simply mounted on your wall so that you can drop down the desk and use it any time that you want.
How much does it cost to turn a room into a walk-in closet?
The average consumer working with a closet design company spends about $3,000 on a custom bedroom-to-closet conversion, but costs can climb up to $10,000 if you’re converting a large room or want premium materials. If you’re designing your own closet, expect to spend at least $1,000 on storage solutions and decor.
Can you turn a walk-in closet into a bedroom?
Over the years, we’ve seen homes make the most of their limited space with lots of clever conversions, including the closet-turned-bedroom. It’s a great way to eke out some more room, and create cozy sleeping nooks in the process.
What do you do with a walk-in closet?
25 Ways to Maximize Storage in Your Walk-In Closet
- Add Hooks for Your OOTD.
- Equip Your Drawers With Cellarets.
- Take a Corner Carousel for a Spin.
- Opt for Wall-to-Wall Cubbies.
- Take Your Laundry to New Heights.
- Embrace Floor-to-Ceiling Shelves.
- Make the Most of Adjustable Shelves.
- Corral Sunglasses in an Acrylic Tray.
Can you turn a closet into an office?
Even if you have just a guest closet, kitchen pantry or nook off the living room to work with, you can make that space work very hard for you. The best thing about turning a closet into an office, or “cloffice,” is that when you don’t feel like thinking about work, you can just shut the your doors and hide it from view.
How do you measure for a closet transformation?
If you’re transforming a coat closet, your biggest limiting factor will be the depth of the closet. If you’re transforming a walk-in closet, you have more flexible options. Measure from the back wall to the interior lip of the threshold to ensure that all of your office equipment like printers and scanners will fit with the closet door closed.
How can I make my office space more comfortable?
An armless chair is more likely to scoot right under the desktop and allow the doors to close. You may also choose to make an occasional chair in the room work double duty and simply pull it over to the closet when you need to get some work done. 10. Use closet technology.
What is the best part of a closet office?
After all, the best part of a closet-office, or “cloffice”, is that you can close the door and hide it all away. A desk is hands down the most important part of any office.