How can I design my small garden?
Create your very own secret garden with hidden areas and cosy hideaways. Divide your garden into sections, using bamboo screens, trellis or walls of foliage and decorate each area with different plants and garden furniture. These are perfect for hiding small seating areas and comfy garden getaways.
What is the best free garden design app UK?
The 9 garden design apps you need to know
- My Soil.
- Garden Plan Pro.
- Home Outside.
- Home Design 3D Outdoor & Garden.
- Garden Tags. Garden Tags is the app to use once your garden is planted.
How do you make a boring garden interesting?
To remedy this you need to excite your eyes, so give them something to look at:
- Plant your borders from the top down see plant for height.
- Use plants that move and sway.
- Add objects of interest around the garden.
- Bright colours capture your attention more than pastel ones.
How do you transform a boring garden?
Alternatively look at using bamboo or reed screening positioned in front of fences to transform the look – these options are eco-friendly too….Easy garden ideas
- Get spring cleaning.
- Add some colourful plant pots.
- Decorate and accessorise.
- Swap your slabs.
- Invest in some ‘faux-liage’
- Grow a wildflower garden.
How do you do a garden makeover on a budget?
Budget garden ideas: 28 brilliantly cheap ways to style your outdoor space this year
- Group small pots full of bright flowers.
- See vertical planting as a cost-cutting garden technique.
- Plant fast-growing climbers or invest in one stand-out specimen.
- Grow your own with patience.
- Plant shrubs and herbs for year-round interest.
What can I do with a very small garden?
Small garden ideas
- Add a gallery wall. Image credit: FuturePLC/Tim Young.
- Create a mini outdoor kitchen. Image credit: FuturePLC/Tim Young.
- Double your space.
- Create a kids corner.
- Set up a private bar.
- Hang furniture to free up floorspace.
- Make a small space work harder.
- Enliven the space with colour.
How can I make my garden look nice?
Come and take a look and see which ones are perfect for your garden!
- Lay artificial grass. Save.
- Add some storage. Save.
- Keep things neat with pots. Save.
- Edge the lawn. Save.
- Upcycle some pieces. Save.
- Treat yourself to new furniture. Save.
- Screen off unsightly areas. Save.
- Set up automatic sprinklers. Save.
What do you need to know about small gardens?
Small spaces, big ideas. A small garden is a blessing, a patch of your own outdoor land to turn into a sanctuary. All you need are some brilliant examples from the House & Garden archive and advice from the experts and even the most petite patio can become a space to be proud of.
How can small gardens be enlivened?
How do you make a small garden feel bigger?
Make a small garden feel bigger by making it feel like a continuation of your indoor space. Making the most of the space makes it more valuable, no matter how small. Dress your small garden space with a furniture set and add decorative outdoor fairy light ideas to ensure it’s a space you want to spend more time.
What are the best plants for a small garden in London?
Inspiration for a small world-inspired garden in London. Structural evergreens, such as Prunus lusitanica, Buxus, Aucuba japonica, Elaeagnus, Fatsia japonica and Ligustrum lucidum, to name a few, are all good plants for shady areas and can be pruned to shape.