How do I connect a hard drive to a projector?
The simplest solution to viewing your stored media in your external HDD via projector is to simply connect the HDD to a projector with one or several USB ports and make sure it’s the type of projector that reads the multitude of files you have downloaded, recorded, converted, upscaled, downscaled, or ripped from …
Why isn’t my USB working on my projector?
These are the most common reasons you may be seeing the “No Signal” message: The projector and the source device are not connected correctly. Check that the cables and adapters are firmly plugged in. Check that you are using the proper cable and/or adapter to connect your source device to the projector.
How do I get my WD Passport to work on my Mac?
Part 2 – How to Format WD my Passport for Mac?
- Login into your Mac. Just turn on your Mac and when it boots up, plug in your My Passport drive to your WD.
- Navigate to Finder if Your Drive Isn’t Visible.
- Launch Disk Utility.
- Access your Drives.
- Select “Extended Mac OS (Journaled)”
- Eject Your Drive.
How do I watch movies from my external hard drive?
Use your remote to choose the USB drive as your input device, and you should be able to see your content using the TV’s built in file browser. Just choose the file you want to watch, and select it with the remote. It should begin playing.
Can you play movies from a external hard drive?
Answer is Yes. Yes, it will reduce your External Hard Disk life for good. Instead, copy to your local disk and then Play Movie. It will save 2 Hrs of spinning of your external Harddisk, thus saving 90% of your External disk life.
How do I connect my Macbook to a projector?
Steps for Connecting a Macbook to a Projector
- Turn ON your Mac.
- Plug in the projector to an electrical outlet and turn it ON.
- Connect the video cable (usually VGA or HDMI) from the projector to the Mac.
- Once the Mac and projector are connected, click on the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your screen.
How do I get my computer to recognize my projector?
For Windows users:
- Open the Start Menu and click Settings.
- Navigate to System > Display > Advanced Settings.
- Your projector should show as a second screen, if it doesn’t, click Detect.
- Select Duplicate These Displays to make the projector mirror your computer monitor.
- Click Apply.
Why is my WD Passport not working Mac?
Reboot Your Mac. After you’ve tried plugging into another port and your WD Passport drive doesn’t show up. It could be that your Mac just needs a reboot – a full shutdown. Go to the top left of your desktop. Click on the Apple logo for your Apple menu and pick Shutdown.
Why is my WD Passport not recognized Mac?
Check whether the USB cable or USB port is broken by connecting other hard drives to this USB port or cable and see if that makes a difference. 4. Reboot your Mac to see if your My Passport for Mac drive is showing up in Disk Utility/Finder or not.
How do I connect my Mac to a projector with USB?
Connect a display, TV or projector to Mac
- Connect a display to a USB-C port: Use a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable to connect the display to the USB-C port on your Mac.
- Connect a display, TV or projector that has an HDMI connector: Plug the device’s HDMI cable directly into the HDMI port on your Mac.
Can you use USB to connect to projector?
You can connect your USB device or camera to the projector’s USB TypeA port and use it to project images and other content. If your USB device came with a power adapter, plug the device into an electrical outlet.
How to connect WD passport to MacBook Air?
Connecting up the WD Passport Drive on Mac. Turn on and log into your Mac then you’ll be ready to connect up the My Passport drive. The WD My Passport hard drive is powered from your Macs USB port. One end of the cable is USB 3.0 (and USB 2.0) compatible and that is the end you connect to your Mac.
Can I use my Western Digital my passport drive on Mac?
Your Western Digital My Passport drive is now formatted to work on both Mac and PC. And when you plug your My Passport drive into either you will be able to see the drive, read and write files. Copy and Paste files and create folders on both Mac and PC. 7. Ejecting Your Western Digital My Passport Drive
How to install my passport on MacBook Air?
1. Turn On Your Mac And Log In. 2. Look For The External Hard Drive Icon On Your Desktop. 3. Choose Your Western Digital My Passport External Drive. 4. Give Your External Passport Drive A Name. 5. Pick Your My Passport Drive A Second Time. 6.
How do I power the WD my passport hard drive?
The WD My Passport hard drive is powered from your Macs USB port. One end of the cable is USB 3.0 (and USB 2.0) compatible and that is the end you connect to your Mac. And assuming your Mac has a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port you can plug straight in.