How do I read cell color in Excel VBA?
How to Get Color of the Cell Using VBA in Microsoft Excel 2010
- Function ColorIndex(CellColor As Range)
- ColorIndex = CellColor.Interior.ColorIndex.
- End Function.
- COUNTIF: Counts the number of cells within a range that meets the condition.
- Syntax: =COUNTIF(range,criteria)
What Colour codes does VBA use?
With the inclusion of black (no colour), the eight colours are:
- Black: RGB(0,0,0)
- White: RGB(255,255,255)
- Red: RGB(255,0,0)
- Green: RGB(0,255,0)
- Blue: RGB(0,0,255)
- Yellow: RGB(255,255,0)
- Magenta: RGB(255,0,255)
- Cyan: RGB(0,255,255)
What is color index in VBA?
VBA Color Index is a function by which we can change the color of the cell or text which is located in the Home menu under the Font section. Same can be done through VBA Macros. We can change the color of the text or background color of any cell by VBA Macro.
How are color specified in Visual Basic?
Colors are identified by hexadecimal values that represent the intensity of the component colors red, green, and blue. The component values range in intensity from 00 (lowest) to FF (highest). For example, the hexadecimal value for pure green is FF00, or 00FF00-00 for red, FF for green, and 00 for blue.
How do I determine the color index of a cell in Excel?
Manual Way To Find RGB Color Code
- Select a cell that contains the fill color you want to lookup.
- Click the Paint Bucket button on your Home Ribbon tab.
- Select the More Colors option.
- Go to the Custom tab and make sure Color Model = RGB.
- You will now see the RGB color code for your selected cell’s fill.
How do I determine the color of a cell in Excel?
Determining the RGB Value of a Color
- Select the cell that is formatted with the color you want to check.
- Display the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click the down-arrow at the right side of the Fill Color tool, in the Font group.
- Choose More Colors.
- Make sure the Custom tab is displayed.
What is the best RGB color?
RGB color table
|HTML / CSS Name||Hex Code #RRGGBB||Decimal Code (R,G,B)|
What color is RGB 0 0?
#000000 Hex Color | RGB: 0, 0, 0 | BLACK.
How do you read index color?
The smaller the color index, the more blue (or hotter) the object is. Conversely, the larger the color index, the more red (or cooler) the object is. This is a consequence of the logarithmic magnitude scale, in which brighter objects have smaller (more negative) magnitudes than dimmer ones.
What is orange RGB?
Orange RGB color code = #FFA500= 255*65536+165*256+0 = (255, 165, 0)
What is the QB Color in Visual Basic?
QBCOLOR(color) Returns the RGB colour corresponding to the specified colour number (Long). * The color argument represents color values used by earlier versions of Basic (such as Microsoft Visual Basic for MS-DOS and the Basic Compiler).
How do you get the hexadecimal code from a color in Excel?
Steps to Show the Hex Color Code in Excel
- Step 1: Show More Colors Options. Click Home from the menu bar. From the Home ribbon, click either the paint bucket icon or font color icon.
- Step 2: Set or Get the Hex Color Code. Set or get the hex color code. And, click OK or press Enter.
What is VBA color code in Excel?
This Excel tutorial collects the VBA color code list for reference purpose, which includes ColorIndex, RGB color, VB color. VBA Excel ColorIndex Property is to set color or get color for Objects like Cell color and Shape color.
What to remember when using VBA color index?
Things to Remember. It is always recommended to use VBA Color Index when statistical data are used. Always save the file in Macro-Enabled Excel so that created code and macro can be used multiple times. Using color index beyond the list of 56 Colors is not possible. Color Index can be used for both Font and Background color change.
What is the difference between colorindex and RGB in Excel VBA?
VBA Excel ColorIndex Property is to set color or get color for Objects like Cell color and Shape color. ColorIndex offers 56 basic colors plus the following special numbers. VBA Excel RGB Property is a color Property of Objects, commonly used for Cell color or Shape color.
How to create a sub color in VBA?
Code: Sub Color () Range (“B2”).Interior.Color End Sub. In VBA there is only one way to select any color. Type “ vb ” before the name of the color. We can add and mix only 8 main base colors. Which are Red, Black, Green, Yellow, Blue, Magenta, Cyan and White. Type vb at the start of these colors as shown below.