How do you list high school diploma on resume?
How to include your high school education on a resume
- Create a section of your resume specifically for education.
- Place high school education after your college experience.
- Include your school’s name and location.
- Include your recent or anticipated graduation date.
- Consider sharing your grade point average (GPA)
Should I list diploma on resume?
Even if a high school diploma is specifically listed as a requirement for the job, this detail is almost always addressed in the actual job application or during the interview, and doesn’t need to be addressed in the limited space of a resume.
How do you put a diploma on a resume?
- Your education section belongs in your work experience section.
- When listing your educational entries, do it reverse-chronologically.
- If you have a university or community college degree, don’t list your high school education.
- If you don’t have an exceptional GPA, do not list it.
When should I get rid of high school on resume?
When is your high school best left off? A few years after you finish high school, potential employers will care more about your accomplishments after graduation, so it’s fine to delete your high school from your resume.
What do you put on a resume for high school?
It should include the following:
- Your basic information: name, address, phone and email.
- Education: high school name and address, graduation date, class rank, GPA, specific courses.
- Activities: extracurricular in and out of school.
- Community service: in and out of school.
- Work experience: any summer or school-year jobs.
Should you put high school awards on resume?
When listing your awards and accomplishments, you usually want to put them under their respective education or employment history sections. If the award is part of your education history, include it under your education summary. If it is relevant to past work experience, include it with your employment history.
Should I put high school clubs on resume?
You may include high school activities on your resume until the end of your freshman year or beginning of your sophomore year of college. However, limit the high school activities to the ones that are the most impressive and best showcase your qualifications for the job/internship you are applying for.
What is a high school resume?
High school student resumes give colleges a snapshot of your accomplishments, extracurriculars, hobbies, and work history. They can also be a useful tool for prepping for a college interview or to give to the teachers who are writing your letters of recommendation.
What should a first student put on a high school resume?
What should a resume for high school students include?
- Basic Information: Name & Contact Information.
- Objective or Summary Statement.
- Work Experience.
- Extracurricular Activities.
- Community Service or Volunteering.
- Awards, Honors, Accomplishments, and Leadership Roles.
- Special Skills.
Should I include high school GPA on resume?
Your high school GPA should not be included on your resume. Work hard in college to secure a GPA that is 3.5 or better. If you are a recent college graduate, that GPA can be included on your resume. Many recruiters and hiring managers look at the college GPA as a bellwether for potential performance.
Should you put your highschool education on a resume?
Here are the common guidelines to follow when listing education on a resume: Always include the following information: the degree you received, your major, the name of your school, its location, and your graduation year. Start with your highest educational attainment. List all other degrees in reverse-chronological order. Delete high-school education if you already graduated from college.
How do you write a high school resume?
Tips for Writing a High School Resume. Emphasize your education. As a current student, you want to emphasize your education. Put your education information at the top of your resume. If you have a strong GPA, include this. Also list any academic awards, honors, or other achievements.
Should I put my high school on my resume?
You should put your high school on your resume if — and only if — it is the highest level of formal education you have completed. Once you graduate from college or trade school, the only education that should appear on your resume is your post-secondary education.
Do you include high school on resume?
Grammar School and High School. Grammar school is never included on a resume. If you are still in high school, are in your first couple of years of college, or if a high school diploma is your highest degree, you can certainly include your high school information.