What does spare some time mean?
To spare time means that something that came up that could use up some of your time. If you spare it some time, you then spend some time on it. The sparing is generally when it’s scheduled — even if it’s immediate.
What is another word for spare time?
What is another word for spare time?
How do you use spare time in a sentence?
Spare-time sentence example
- In her spare time she read “The Lonely Hills.”
- In his spare time he worked unpaid in the natural sciences.
- He would have more spare time in the next few weeks than he had ever had on a job.
What does spare minutes mean?
Definition of with (something) to spare —used to indicate how much or how little someone has of something extra that can be used if it is needed He just got there with (only) minutes/seconds to spare.
What does it mean to have something spare?
Definition of have (something) to spare —used to indicate whether someone has more than enough of (something) He seems to have energy to spare. I have no money to spare for such things right now.
What does it mean to spare something?
1 : to forbear to destroy, punish, or harm. 2 : to refrain from attacking or reprimanding with necessary or salutary severity. 3 : to relieve of the necessity of doing or undergoing something spare yourself the trouble. 4 : to refrain from : avoid spared no expense.
How do you like to spend your spare time?
How to answer “What Do You Do In Your Spare Time?”
- Volunteering. If you have any experience volunteering this is the time to mention it – especially if it aligns with the companies own CSR efforts.
- Team activities.
- Keeping fit.
- Socialising with friends & family.
- Don’t overshare.
- Don’t lie.
What do you do in your spare time quotes?
Free Time Quotes
- “You may be wondering what else I do with my free time.
- “Ah,” Gary said dreamily.
- “One can find time for everything if one is never in a hurry.”
- “Free time is a terrible thing to waste.
- “I’m a great reader that never has time to read.”
What do you do in spare time?
Best Things to do in Your Free Time:
- Be an active volunteer for an NGO:
- Settle your house:
- Sign up for a dance class:
- Go for a walk or a jog:
- Visit some historical monuments in your city:
- Start a blog about something to do that interests you:
- Read a good book:
- Find a hobby for yourself:
What does no time to spare mean?
Definition of have (something) to spare —used to indicate whether someone has more than enough of (something) He seems to have energy to spare. I have no money to spare for such things right now. We have very little time to spare.
What does spare your life mean?
: to choose not to kill someone No one knows why he spared their lives.
Do you have extra to spare?
Spare describes something that is extra. As a noun, a verb, and an adjective, the word spare has many meanings.
Which is the difference between “spare time” and “free time”?
When used as nouns, free time means time that can be spent on one’s own activities rather than work, whereas spare time means free time. Time that can be spent on one’s own activities rather than work. “I love to play football in my free time.”
What is the definition of spare time?
• SPARE TIME (noun) The noun SPARE TIME has 2 senses: 1. time available for hobbies and other activities that you enjoy. 2. time that is free from duties or responsibilities. Familiarity information: SPARE TIME used as a noun is rare.
What is another word for “spare time”?
synonyms for spare time. Compare Synonyms. convenience. recreation. relaxation. chance. ease. freedom. holiday.
Definition of spare time. : the time when one is not working : free time. He likes to ski in his spare time.