What is the circular pattern feature solidworks?
Use circular patterns to create multiple instances of one or more features that you can space uniformly around an axis. Pattern instances inherit the feature color of the original feature when the: The feature colors are not inherited if you pattern or mirror multibody parts. …
What can be used as the pattern access for a circular pattern?
When you are creating a circular pattern, you can only use a work axis as the axis of rotation.
What is PCD in Solidworks?
Pitch Circle Diameter holes | SOLIDWORKS Forums.
How do you create a circle in Solidworks?
Creating Circular Dimensions
- Click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Select the circle.
- Drag the dimension and click to place it.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
How do I create a pattern in Solidworks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis).
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis).
- Click .
How do I use the pattern feature in Solidworks?
To use an existing pattern to create a pattern of components:
- Click Insert, Component Pattern, Feature Driven.
- Select the seed components for Components to Pattern .
- Click in Driving Feature and select the pattern feature in the FeatureManager design tree or a face of a pattern instance in the graphics area.
What are circular patterns?
A circular pattern is an radial arrayof objects around a. Center point in a sketch. Axis in a part or assembly. Bolt pattern on automobile wheel would be an example.
What is PCD on SolidWorks?
SolidWorks circular pattern feature tool is one of the useful tool which helps to create feature, body or face in circular manner. You can duplicate the your feature in a circle. That means you can arrange it in circular directions.
How do you add a bolt circle in SolidWorks?
Drafting. First, create center marks by selecting the center mark creator from the Annotations tab. Select the bolt circle center mark, then select all holes in the bolt circle in a single view to create a center mark and bolt circle radius construction line.
What are the features of SolidWorks?
SolidWorks is a parasolid-based solid modeler, and utilizes a parametric feature-based approach to create models and assemblies. Parameters refer to constraints whose values determine the shape or geometry of the model or assembly.
What is a circular pattern feature?
Use circular patterns to create multiple instances of one or more features that you can space uniformly around an axis. Pattern instances inherit the feature color of the original feature when the: Pattern is based on one feature. Color of the pattern or any faces on any pattern instances have not been changed.
What is a linear sketch pattern?
Linear sketch pattern is part of Solidworks sketch tools, which helps to create number of patterns from a sketch entities in linear manner. That means, if you have line in the sketch area and you want to create certain number of parallel lines with constant offset distance between them.