What mountains can you drive up near Denver?
The 7 Best Scenic Drives Near Denver
- Guanella Pass. If you’re in search of a quick escape into the wild just a short ways away from the city, then Guanella Pass is the scenic drive you’re looking for.
- Lariat Loop.
- Mount Evans Scenic Byway.
- Peak to Peak.
- South Platte River Trail.
- Top of the Rockies.
- Trail Ridge Road.
What is the most scenic drive in Colorado?
- Trail Ridge Road. Trail Ridge Road is one of the most spectacular drives in all of Colorado, and ranks up there as one of the top in the world.
- Mount Evans Road.
- Pike’s Peak Highway.
- The Million Dollar Highway.
- Top of the Rockies.
- Collegiate Peaks Scenic Byway.
- Poudre Canyon.
- Dinosaur Diamond Scenic and Historic Byway.
Can you drive up Cheyenne Mountain?
A “hidden gem” is the Russell Tutt Scenic Highway. It takes you to the Will Rodgers Shrine inside the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It’s only a 1.4-mile drive up the mountain and it provides amazing views of Colorado Springs. Enjoy these breathtaking drives near Colorado Springs!
Where can I see mountains in Denver?
Great places to see the Rocky Mountains in Denver
- Cranmer Park.
- The Anschutz Family Sky Terrace at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
- Peaks Lounge.
- Inspiration Point Park.
Can you see Denver from Pikes Peak?
Towering above the city of Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak is the highest mountain on Colorado’s southern front range. Just west of Colorado Springs, it’s one of 3 peaks you can see from Denver, including Mt Evans and Longs Peak.
Where is Top of the Rockies Scenic Byway?
The Top of the Rockies Byway travels 75 miles starting in Aspen, traveling through Leadville to either Minturn or Copper Mountain, literally at the Top of the Rockies. Be sure to give two and a half hours to one day to see everything this byway offers.
What is the prettiest city in Colorado?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Colorado, USA
- Breckenridge. Natural Feature.
- Creede. Architectural Landmark, Historical Landmark.
- Crested Butte. Historical Landmark.
- Cripple Creek. Architectural Landmark, Historical Landmark.
- Estes Park. Park.
- Georgetown. Architectural Landmark, Historical Landmark.
- Manitou Springs.
What is the most scenic route through the Rocky Mountains?
- TRAIL RIDGE ROAD. One of Colorado’s most famous routes, Trail Ridge Road also holds the distinction of being the highest continuous paved highway in North America, reaching more than 12,000 feet in altitude.
- OLD FALL RIVER ROAD.
- BEAR LAKE ROAD.
Is there a scenic route from Colorado Springs to Denver?
Alternative Mountain Back Route CO-67 Mountain views north of Woodland Park on Highway CO-67. Nearly all folks driving between Colorado Springs and Denver take I-25. It’s the most straight, direct route to either city. The alpine drive on CO-67 passes by gorgeous forest and mountain landscapes.
Can you drive up Pikes Peak?
Drive the 19-mile paved toll road to the summit of Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain. Built in 1915, this winding road is the perfect scenic drive, offering views of lakes, mountains, wildlife and the surrounding area.
What is the prettiest town in Colorado?
Telluride. Many feel that Telluride is Colorado’s most beautiful town of all. Tucked deep into a box canyon in the San Juan Mountains, offering lots of serenity and seclusion, it has a storybook feel with streets lined with grand Victorian-era buildings.
Is Pikes Peak visible from Denver?
This list wouldn’t be complete without Pikes Peak. Towering above the city of Colorado Springs, Pikes Peak is the highest mountain on Colorado’s southern front range. Just west of Colorado Springs, it’s one of 3 peaks you can see from Denver, including Mt Evans and Longs Peak.
Is Denver Colorado a bike friendly city?
Denver, Colorado. A silver-level Bicycle Friendly City (designated by the League of American Bicyclists ), Denver is host to more than 100 miles of multi-use trails and 120 miles of bike lanes and sharrow lanes.
What to see in Denver Colorado and area?
Explore the area. There are many attractions to see in Denver, including: Downtown Denver – this has a vibrant and exciting night life, especially in the LoDo area, which is home to the city’s most popular bar scene. Downtown Denver also has a large selection of nightclubs such as The Church, Club Bash, and Vinyl.
Is Denver in Colorado Springs?
Colorado Springs is a Home Rule Municipality that is the county seat and most populous city of El Paso County, Colorado, United States. Colorado Springs is located in South-Central Colorado, in the southern portion of the state. It is situated on Fountain Creek and is located 61 miles (98 km) south of the Colorado State Capitol in Denver.