Where do you put your bike lock when riding?
With that said you may be wondering, “Where do I put my bike lock while riding?” The best places to put your bike lock while riding are either inside a backpack, inside a pannier, on your person, or attached to your bike frame.
What can I use to lock my bike?
How to Secure a Bike Without a Lock
- Don’t let yours be their first choice. Let your bike get lost in the crowd. Park next to a nicer bike.
- Improvise a lock. Zip ties. Vines and twigs. Bungee cord. Helmet strap.
- Dismantle your bike. Remove a wheel. Loosen a wheel. Dislodge the chain. Take your seat post.
How does a bike frame lock work?
A bicycle frame lock is firmly attached to the rear strut and is thus always there. The steel bar pushes between the spokes, blocking the rear wheel. This protects your bike from being pushed away.
How do I secure my bike from theft?
8 tips to prevent bicycle theft
- Double up your security by using two high-quality locks.
- Use your locks to keep your wheels from being stolen, too.
- Swap quick-release seat and wheel skewers for ones that require keys.
- Make your bike unique.
- Try out a smart lock.
- Always bring your bike inside at night.
How do you put a rubber bracket on a U-lock?
I used my Swiss Army pocket knife to cut the outer layer of rubber just enough to slide the bracket on and tighten it to the lock with the provided allen wrench. Make sure your U-lock is around 13mm or 16mm diameter as the item description says, or you may have trouble fitting it on the lock.
How to lock a bike lock without a bracket?
If not, you can use a different bike rack, lay the lock flat on it, and secure it with bungee cord. I use an 18-inch length of bungee cord to hold the lock down. It still rattles if I go over something big like a curb, but that’s fine with me. Unlike clamping brackets, this rack won’t crack and won’t mar your bike’s paint job!
Can you carry a U-lock on your bike?
But, a U-lock is pretty heavy so carrying it is a bit of a challenge. My OnGuard U-lock came with a plastic bracket that clamped to my bike frame:
Will the bracket holder fit on my bike?
Here it what the bracket holder looked like after I installed it on the bike and trimmed the excess strap. If you have a bigger frame it will still fit, and you may not have as much excess strap fabric. As for the bracket on the lock, it was way easier than expected.