Where is the CPS sensor located?
The sensor is at either the front or the back of the crankshaft, so it’s usually located either on the transmission bellhousing or behind the crankshaft pulley. There should be a small air gap, usually about a millimeter or two, between the sensor and the reluctor.
Where is the camshaft sensor located on a 2007 Saturn Ion?
The camshaft sensor location on this engine is located on the end of the cylinder head inline with the camshaft.
Where is the crankshaft sensor located on a 2008 Saturn Aura?
The crankshaft position sensor is located on the driver side of the engine and in the back by the transmission on the engine.
How do you relearn a crankshaft sensor without a scanner?
- Turn off all of the accessories.
- Accelerate the vehicle to 55 mph at part throttle.
- Cruise at 55 mph for another 5-6 minutes.
- Decelerate to 45 mph without using the brakes, and maintain 45 mph for 1 minute.
- Perform 4 deceleration cycles, without using the brakes, of 25 seconds each where no specific speed is necessary.
How do you align a crankshaft sensor?
Remove the right front wheel well liner.
- Rotate crankshaft until cylinder 1 is 45 degrees BTDC.
- Working above the right drive axle, remove the crankcase timing plug.
- Install the TDC timing peg finger tight.
- Hole on crankshaft pulley will align with hole on timing cover.
Will disconnecting battery reset crankshaft sensor?
To reset the check engine light you can disconnect the battery via the negative battery terminal and let the vehicle sit for an hour before reconnecting the battery. A failed crankshaft position sensor will generally cause the vehicle to stalls when it’s running or cause the vehicle to not start at all.
What scanner will relearn crankshaft position sensor?
FOXWELL NT510 GM
The FOXWELL NT510 GM scanner will relearn the crankshaft position sensor on a 2009 chevy cobalt.