Why is my Samsung not making a Sound when I get a text?
You might have accidentally enabled Mute or Vibration mode on your Samsung Galaxy phone and that’s why you don’t hear notification sounds. To disable those modes, you need to enable Sound mode. For that, go to Settings > Sounds and vibration. Check the box under Sound.
How do I get Sound notifications for text messages on Samsung?
But with newer versions of Android, things have become a bit complicated and that has left users confused….2. Change Message Tone on Google Messages App
- Launch the Google Messages app and tap on the three-dot icon. Choose Settings.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Tap on Sound.
How do I add custom notification Sounds to my Galaxy s6?
- 1 Head into your Settings > Apps.
- 2 Tap on an app you would like to customise the Notification tone.
- 3 Tap on Notifications.
- 4 Select a category you would like to customise.
- 5 Ensure that you have selected Alert then tap on Sound.
- 6 Tap on a sound then press the back button to apply changes.
How do I make my notification Sound Sound?
Here’s how to manually add a custom sound to your settings.
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications.
- Scroll down and tap Advanced > Default notification sound.
- Tap My Sounds.
- Tap + (plus sign).
- Find and select your custom sound.
Why don’t I get a notification sound when I get a message?
Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
Why is there no sound when I receive a text?
Go to Settings >Sounds>Text Tones>Choose an alert tone you can hear well and like. Turn vibrate off. Check Settings >Notifications >messages>make sure “Allow Notifications” is toggled on. If there is still no alert sound, try a hard reset.
Why is my phone not notifying me when I get text messages?
Why isn’t my phone telling me when I get a text? Firstly, make sure to check the Do Not Disturb mode and disable it. After that, navigate deep into System settings and then Messages to get to Notifications. If that doesn’t help, change the default notifications sound or reinstall Messages.
How do I set notification sounds for different apps?
Open the Settings app on your phone and look for the Apps and Notifications setting. Inside there, tap on Notifications then select Advanced. Scroll to the bottom and select the Default notification sounds option. From there you can choose the notification tone you want to set for your phone.
How do I change the notification sound on my Samsung?
Choose a Universal Notification Sound
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the notifications and quick-launch tray.
- Select Sounds and vibration from the Settings menu.
- Tap the Notifications sounds option to select from a list of available tones.
- Choose the tone or song you want and you’re done.
How do I change the notification sound for Apps on my Samsung?