How do I dispose of a mattress East Gwillimbury?
Bulky items such as upholstered furniture, mattresses and carpeting require a collection tag. Large metal items such as appliances, barbecues (without propane tanks), furnaces etc. do not require a collection tag, however residents must contact Green for Life (GFL) at 1-866-421-5625 to schedule collection.
How do I dispose of cds and dvds in York Region?
Residents can drop-off accepted electronic waste items at one of the following Waste Depots:
- East Gwillimbury Household Hazardous Waste and Recycling Depot.
- Elgin Mills Community Environmental Centre.
- Georgina Waste Transfer Station.
- Markham Household Hazardous Waste Depot.
- McCleary Court Community Environmental Centre.
Where can I drop off garbage in Markham?
- Civic Centre – 101 Town Centre Boulevard (blue box exchange only)
- Angus Glen Community Centre.
- Centennial Community Centre.
- Milliken Community Centre.
- Thornhill Community Centre.
How many bags of garbage are in East Gwillimbury?
What is the garbage limit during COVID-19? At this time, residents may place up to five bags of untagged garbage out for collection. This includes bulky items.
Where does York Region garbage go?
Most garbage collected is sent to an energy-from-waste facility, including Durham York Energy Centre in Clarington, Emerald Energy in Brampton and Covanta Energy in New York State, to be converted into energy. The Durham York Energy Centre is co-owned with the Regional Municipality of Durham.
What is other waste?
Other wastes include: Waste tyre, paper waste, metal scrap, used electronic items, etc. and are recognized as a resource for recycling and reuse. These resources supplement the industrial processes and reduce the load on the virgin resource of the country.
How do I dispose of shredded paper York region?
Shredded paper can be placed in backyard composters, in your green bin (in small amounts) or dropped off in clear plastic bags at the Elgin Mills Community Environmental Centre or the McCleary Court Community Environmental Centre.
How do I dispose of yard waste in Markham?
Grass clippings are not accepted in clear bag garbage or yard material curbside. Leave them on your lawn instead! You need to put your leaf and yard materials at your curb by 7 AM on your collection day, no sooner than 7 PM the night before.
What goes in the blue bin Markham?
You can put any of these items in your blue box:
- All glass bottles, jars, jugs.
- All paper products.
- All plastic food trays, containers.
- All plastic jugs, jars, bottles (#1-7)
- Aluminum foil/trays/plates/packets.
- Cardboard (bundled 2’x2x’x1′)
- Coffee cups (paper only)
What goes in black bag waste?
What to put in your black bin:
- Carrier bags, film and cling film.
- Crisp packets.
- Tetrapak (juice cartons)
- Animal waste including dog poo, cat litter and small animal bedding.
- Vacuum cleaner contents.
Can diapers go in the green bin York region?
York Region has made it mandatory to use compostable bags in your green bin from May 1, 2011. Diaper genie bags would not be acceptable for the green bin. I primarily use cloth but when I do use disposables, I put them in a garbage bin lined with a compostable bag.
What goes in the blue bin York region?
Recyclable material like cans, bottles and paper products go into the blue recycling bins. Your local municipality will pick up your recyclables and York Region will use them to make new products.