How do I get into BIOS on Dell Inspiron?
Power on the computer. Tap the F2 key to enter System Setup when the Dell logo appears. If you have trouble entering Setup using this method, press F2 when the keyboard LEDs first flash. Try not to hold down the F2 key as this can sometimes be interpreted as a stuck key by the computer.
How do I get to Dell advanced BIOS settings?
To access the BIOS or System Setup on Dell computers:
- Press the F2 key several times at the Dell logo screen during startup.
- Or, press the F12 key several times at the Dell logo screen during startup, and select BIOS Setup or System Setup from the menu.
How do I reset my Dell BIOS to default?
On the BIOS (System Setup) screen, click Restore Settings or Load Defaults (whichever is listed). Make sure BIOS Defaults is selected or confirm to load the defaults (when offered) and click OK. Click Exit. Confirm exiting, when offered.
How do I turn on legacy boot on Dell?
Select “Advance Boot options” and disable “Enable Legacy Operation ROMs”, then select “Apply” in the right lower corner.
- Select “Secure Boot”, then “Secure Boot Enable”.
- Change the option from “Disabled to Enabled”, then select “Apply” in the right lower corner.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
If the F2 prompt doesn’t appear on the screen, you might not know when you should press the F2 key….
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
What advanced BIOS features?
- Boot Virus Detection : Enabled.
- CPU Level 1 Cache : Enabled.
- CPU Level 2 Cache : Enabled.
- Quick Power On Self Test : Enabled.
- First, Second, or Third Boot Device : Set your boot order, and disable any boot device here that you do not want to boot from.
How do I fix a corrupted BIOS on a Dell laptop?
- Restart the computer.
- Press and hold the CTRL + ESC key on the keyboard until the BIOS Recovery page appears.
- On the BIOS Recovery screen, select Reset NVRAM (if available) and press the Enter key.
- Select Recover BIOS and press the Enter key to start the recovery process.
How do I reset my Dell laptop boot menu?
Be sure you have backed up your files before beginning this task.
- Click Start.
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
How do I get to advanced boot options on Dell?
At the Dell logo screen, tap the F12 function key rapidly. You can see Preparing one-time boot menu that appears in the top-right corner of the screen. At the boot menu, select the device under UEFI BOOT that matches your media type (USB or DVD). When it boots to the media, click next and select Repair your computer.
How do I change my BIOS from legacy to UEFI?
In the BIOS Setup Utility, select Boot from the top menu bar. The Boot menu screen appears. Select the UEFI/BIOS Boot Mode field and use the +/- keys to change the setting to either UEFI or Legacy BIOS. To save changes and exit BIOS, press the F10 key.
How do I get into the BIOS on a Dell Inspiron 15?
Entering BIOS setup program
- Turn on (or restart) your computer.
- During POST, when the DELL logo is displayed, watch for the F2 prompt to appear, and then press F2 immediately. NOTE: The F2 prompt indicates that the keyboard is initialized. This prompt can appear very quickly, so you must watch for it, and then press F2.
How to enter BIOS for Inspiron 15 5547?
RE: Inspiron 15 5547- How to enter bios? Jump to solution. Today’s fast booting computers require a slightly diff way of accessing the bios F2 or the Boot Menu F12–. Reboot and immediately start tapping F2 without waiting for any screen. Keep tapping F2 to get into the bios.
Can I change the BIOS of a secure boot computer?
However–today’s Secure Boot computers bios should not be changed unless you have a valid reason. Access the boot menu instead of making changes in the bios to boot to cd-dvd, run diagnostics and do other tasks.
How do I access the BIOS?
Access the boot menu instead of making changes in the bios to boot to cd-dvd, run diagnostics and do other tasks. Tap F12 to access it. 05-18-2015 09:53 AM